Sci-Fi Fest 2013!
Sat 18th May, 12pm till late
INDIVIDUAL FILM TICKETS NOW ON SALE, CLICK THE LINKS BELOW TO PURCHASE
Sci-Fi Fest returns to Phoenix for a 3rd year
Day tickets: £25 BOOK NOW
Includes all 5 films and 10% off food in our cafe bar on Saturday.
Ladies, Gentlemen and Nerf-Herders! Local sci-fi fantasy group StarBase Leicester and Phoenix have teamed up once again to bring you Sci-Fi Fest 2013!
We have a host of cracking films on with stalls, traders and console gaming in our Screen Room plus the return of the fiendish sci-fi quiz! So come down, forget your earthly problems for a day and revel in glorious sci-fi goodness on the big screen!
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock / PG / 101 mins - BOOK TICKETS
- We screened the wonderful Wrath of Khan last year, so why not continue the story with The Search for Spock? Picking up where Star Trek II left off, we find the devastated crew of the Enterprise returning to Earth after their battle with Khan resulted in Spock’s death. On arrival on Earth, Captain Kirk is confronted by Spock’s father who insists there is a way to resurrect his son. Kirk and the crew must defy Starfleet orders, steal back the Enterprise and battle with hostile Klingons to try and save Spock!
STARBASE VOTE WINNER: Flash Gordon / PG , 110mins - BOOK TICKETS
- The Starbase vote winner this year is Mike Hodges' high-camp Flash Gordon! A green-tunic clad Timothy Dalton, Max Von Sydow as one of cinema's most memorable villains Ming the Merciless, and of course a be-winged Brian Blessed. GORDON'S ALIIIIIVE!
The Man who Fell to Earth / 18 / 138 mins - BOOK TICKETS
- A dash of cult sci-fi in the programme with Nic Roeg’s classic 1976 film on a gorgeous new digital print. David Bowie stars as Thomas Jerome Newton, a humanoid alien who travels to Earth to get water for his dying planet. In order to build a ship to travel home, Thomas uses his knowledge of advanced technology to amass a huge personal fortune - but his relationships with a former maid and womanising professor threaten to reveal his secret.
PUBLIC VOTE WINNER: Dredd / 3D / 18 / 95mins - BOOK TICKETS
- Never let it be said that our customers don't have impeccable taste! Unjustly disappearing from cinemas as quickly as it arrived last autumn, Pete Travis’ film is a violent and blackly funny adaptation - and it's British!
Predator / 18 / 106 mins - BOOK TICKETS
- Oh yes, for our final film we present perhaps the greatest Sci-fi-Action film ever made. Endlessly quotable and cracking good fun, Predator is the perfect film to bring our festival to a close. Who amongst us hasn’t shouted in our best Arnie voice “GET TO DER CHOPPAH” or mimicked the most powerful hand-shake in the world between Schwarzenegger and Carl Weathers? Anyone turning up caked in cold mud will be denied entry.
To find out more about Starbase Leicester and their upcoming activities visit their website HERE